02 March 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Leah's Roasted Potatoes




Here we go everyone--a super difficult recipe. Not really, it's just roasted potatoes. Although, I've really messed up roasted potatoes before. I think I found an A+ combo of spices. These potatoes have gone through several tastings by many professional eaters (read: These potatoes are my go to side dish when I have no idea what to put with the main dish. And my oldest daughter has never said, "these are yucky.") I also don't have exact measurements just add oil and spices until it looks good. Oh, and one more thing, my secret ingredient is celery seed. I have no idea why I even have it in my spice rack but for some reason it gives the potatoes an extra something. Hope they don't disappoint.


Leah's Roasted Potatoes
4-5 medium potatoes; peeled and chopped 
Olive oil
Kosher salt
Black Pepper
Celery seed
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 475 before you start peeling your potatoes. Place the potatoes on a roasting pan (I use my stone roasting pan).Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil. Use your hands to evenly distribute the oil onto the potatoes. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, celery seed, Italian seasoning and garlic powder (go easy) on the potatoes and mix well.
Pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes. Take them out and flip the potatoes around. Place them back in the oven for about 15-20 more minutes. You want them to be golden brown.

That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment