16 February 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Pork Cutlets Parmesan




I received this recipe in an e-mail newsletter from Martha Stewart (directly from her--I promise). I wasn't too sure about it because I've had enough dry pork chops in my day. However, I had a ton of pork loin in the freezer so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Pork Cutlets Parmesan
12 oz pork tenderloin
2 large egg whites
1/4 plain dried bread crumbs (Used Italian bread crumbs)
1/4 grated Parmesan (Used generic stuff that comes in a shaker bottle--just keepin' it real)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Coarse salt, for seasoning (ie, kosher)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Lemon wedges and parsley sprigs, for serving (don't skip the lemon juice--it completes the dish)

Directions:
1. Slice pork tenderloin into 12 rounds. Place rounds between two sheets of plastic wrap; with a meat mallet, pound to 1/8 inch thick (or thin...whatever).
2. In a shallow bowl (or pie plate), beat egg whites with 1 tablespoon of water. In another bowl (or pie plate), combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Place all-purpose flour in a third bowl (I think you get it now). Season pork with salt. Dip pork in flour (shake off extra), then in egg mixture. Dredge in breadcrumb mixture; pat it in.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the cutlets until golden brown and cooked through, about 1 minute per side. Serve with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.

On the side
Roasted potatoes and sugar snap peas. The girls usually have a bowl of applesauce, too. 

Tasty Tip
I usually buy the huge pork tenderloins from Sam's and divvy them up into 4 oz. steaks. I put (4) 4 oz. steaks in a freezer bag. When I want to make this recipe, I thaw the steaks and then slice them in half and then pound them out. (They are actually a little easier to cut when they are a little frozen in the middle.) I get about 8 cutlets when I do it this way. 

1 comment:

  1. Me likey. I ordered her to make this every week. But the best part is the side dish! The potatoes with olive oil and some herbs of some sort (salt and celery leaves or italian seasoning? I don't know, but they're redonkulous).

    ReplyDelete